Sunday, August 2, 2009

August?!? Already?!?

I cannot believe it is August already...where has the time gone? I've found myself asking that question a lot since becoming a parent. Holy heck time flies!!!

August is gonna be quite a month...

* Cailyn turned 7 months old (OMG) on the 1st!
* first trip on an airplane for Cailyn...that ought to be fun!
* Cailyn starts daycare...ugh! and our checkbook literally enters an entirely new dimension of RED!!
* I go back to work for the first time in almost 2 years!
* gotta set a bedtime and learn how to wake up to a real alarm clock instead of a baby cooing or screaming!
* gonna have to learn a brand new family routine! (double ugh!)

No more flying by the seat of my pants...I'm really going to have to revamp some things! Good times, I guess! Such is life!

Change is never easy, but I know we'll make it through. Of course, I completely expect some bumps along the way and we'll just deal with 'em as they come our way.

On an entirely different not, there have been some completely random observations that have come to fruition for me this weekend...

First...some neighbors just SUCK! We live on a great street with great people, but there are a select few (okay just one, really) that have just blown my mind lately.

Second...I think I really loathe cats. I have 2 and have had them for about 3 or 4 years now. I rescued them from a shelter and have admittedly tolerated them. I've never really been a cat person, so I really don't know what I was thinking when I brought them home. What's different now? Maybe I have started to feel bad for them. I never pet them, I never love on them, I'm always bitching about cat hair, cat throw-up (some call them hairballs, but let's just call it for what it really is...PUKE!) and how they get under my feet whenever I walk. And I know if I gave 'em some attention they'd leave me be, but I really have no desire. Bottom line...I'm afraid they will have to go soon...anyone want some free cats??

Next, I read in a post by a fellow blogger that Billy Mayes' commercials were already being shown again, but with a woman's voice-over. Never paid attention...that is, until today. The Oxi-clean commericials are just NOT the same!

Finally, I LOVE The Food Network. Watchin' The Next Food Network Star as we speak...however, I just saw a commercial for a new show called What Would Brian Boitano Make?...really, Brian Boitano? Wasn't he a figure skater or something? I'm thinking that show will not be on my list of must-see programs this Fall!

As a side note...I think I may be a little exclamation point and ellipsis (...) happy. I just counted 19 exclamation points in this post alone and, well, you can see each of my ellipsi (sp?). I must just be a very emotional writer, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment