Thursday, April 2, 2009

I've got some catching up to do!

I realize it's been awhile since I last posted...busy, busy, busy! Cailyn is growing like a weed! I weighed her using our scale yesterday and she weighs in at a whopping 14-1/2 pounds! What? How did she get to be that big? AND, she just turned 3 months old yesterday! I can't believe it...it seems like yesterday we were waiting around for her to arrive and here she is growing up so fast! How time flies!!

So what's Cailyn doing now?? She smiles ALL of the time...so cute! We love it, but she is definitely NOT photogenic...we can barely catch a smile on camera...but, we are working on it! She is also grabbing for things and has found her hands...she is mesmerized by them! She will stare at 'em in amazement at what they can do. She's learned that she can grab at things, hold them, and make her toys make noises. As of yesterday she is also trying to roll over...YES, roll over! She all of sudden started tilting her head back and arching her back trying to gain the momentum to turn...she's not there yet, but she's workin' on it! Oh yes, and she likes to sing along to the "Old MacDonald" tune that plays on her bouncy seat. She sounds more like an owl hooting, but you can tell she is singing along!

I have officially retired anything sizes 0-3 months and even some 3-6 monthers. Cailyn is officially wearing 6 month clothes...fills 'em out, actually! I'm just hoping that all of those summer clothes in size 6-9 months will actually last until summer! YIKES! Plus, we're currently transitioning her to size 3 diapers...WHAT??

We will be starting our garden this weekend. Weather is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL! Mid-60's and sunny! We will be attempting raised beds this year in hopes that the garden will do much better this year than last. I will be growing some fresh herbs like oregano, thyme, and cilantro; and veggies like tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, peppers, green beans, and watermelon! I cannot wait! Although, I think I'll have to learn how to can in order to make them last us throughout the year.

Ahh, yes, and I've decided to start making our own baby food for when the time comes for Cailyn to start solid foods. I would like to wait until she is 6 months, but realistically thinking we will probably start when she is 4-5 months old. I made a small batch of avocado last week. I bought a really good recipe book and freezing trays to freeze each portion in small 1-oz. amounts. This may be an interesting venture, but well worth it!

I'll leave you with pics of our little sweet pea, Cailyn, taken this past weekend while visiting Paw-Paw and Omi at the farm...what a beauty!!!!

1 comment:

  1. what a cute lil chunk! mine always (still do) wore sizes bigger than were supposed to...so cool that u're making ur own baby food! & we're getting our raised bed garden started this weekend too - i hope it is nice...i'm really looking forward 2 it!

    ReplyDelete