Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there! Today was my very first Mother's Day and it couldn't have been any better!

Cailyn and Josh let me sleep in...well, until 8:15'ish, but good enough! I had been kicked out of my house on Saturday so Josh and Cailyn could work on a "little project" as they were calling it. Come to find out, they had Arts and Crafts time and made me my very own stepping stone. It was decorated with various gems/stones and had Happy Mother's Day with Cailyn's hands and feet imprints in the stone...to awesome! Yep, I cried!


Josh, then, made me breakfast AND cleaned up the kitchen before we went for a walk at the Dismal Swamp Canal. As proof, I also snapped a few shots of the entire event...

Pouring the pancake batter...we discovered he has a hidden talent...they were FANTASTIC!
Yummy bacon!
The AWESOMEST and fluffiest pancakes ever!
And eggs!
The finished product!

All the while, Cailyn napped and played quietly in her high chair with her rocking horse toy!

And...The Day in Review according to Miss Cailyn...

3 comments:

  1. Oh Callie... it sounds like you had a FANTASTIC first mothers day! I'm so happy for you. DH is sooo thoughtful and sweet to make that stepping stone... it sounds like you were treated like a queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day!! Sounds like Josh really put so thought into your first mothers day that really cool. Good one Bro. Happy mothers day Callie. Its amazing to think how much being a mother makes a difference and the unbelievable amount of love and joy that we reserve. I love you and am really happy to see you have been given such a special day with so many more to come.. Much love Carole and Alora says me too

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, i miss those times - the cooing & talking like they r really having a conversation with u! what an awesome 1st mother's day - glad u had a great one!

    ReplyDelete